A perfect resume design does fifty percent work for the job applicant and the rest is done by the applicant himself. Same is the case with the design as well as the copy of the cover letter.
Allow us to share with you some easy design tips so that you can create awesome resume and cover letter. Please know that any recruiter spends only six seconds to go through a resume. Make sure that the document is visually interesting and appealing enough to grab the recruiter’s attention.
- Divide the resume into different sections.
- Vectors enhance the beauty of a design. Make use of self-created or already available relevant vectors.
- Job applicant’s name and a picture must be written and placed at a visible position.
- Don’t be vague while mentioning any of the details related to the education, previous jobs, skills and
- Showing off the achievements and skills is one of the ways to create amazing resume designs.
- Tone of the resume and cover letter’s copy must not be arrogant.
- Too wordy a resume will be put down instantly. Make sure that the copy is to the point and would not bore the concerned people.
- Use mild colors for the design. Never forget that a resume decides half of the new job’s fate which means it should not be overly done and flashy for the eyes.
- Create a minimalistic design and a very simple yet intriguing theme for both the resume and the cover letter.
- Do not design a resume or a cover letter that doesn’t connect the skills and the resume design. A communication designer’s resume must show that who is the applicant and a professor’s resume must be designed in accordance with their profession and nature of the job.
By looking at the images, you will notice that by using four to five colors, an excellent resume and a cover letter can be designed. And we hope that by following the tips we’ve mentioned above, you will be able to create beautiful resumes and cover letters for the clients.
Awesome Resume (CV) Design, Cover Letter Template & 4 PSD Mock-ups
First Version: (MS Word Formats DOC & DOCX)
Second Version: (All 9 CV Template Files)
- Resume CV Template Size: A4
- File Type: Microsoft Word Doc, Docx, Illustrator Ai, Photoshop PSD, Indesign INDD & IDML, CorelDRAW Cdr, EPS & PDF
- Software Version: Illustrator CS6, Photoshop CS6, CorelDRAW 11, Indesign CS6
- Resolution: 300 dpi
- Color Mode: CMYK
- File Size: 111 Mb
- Zip File Format: 7-Zip (Only Opened with 7-Zip)